Torrin McDonald, Ph.D.
PhD student from July 2015 to November 2021
Postdoc from October 2022 to
Human Genetics Ph.D.
- Non-coding Genome
- Human Genetics
- Gene Regulation
- Silencers, Enhancer-blockers and Insulators
- Massively-parallel Reporter Assays
- B.S.: Michigan State University
- Ph.D.: University of Michigan
Honors and Awards
- Michigan Predoctoral Training in Genetics (GTP T32)
- Rackham Graduate Student Research Grant (pre-candidate & candidate)
Boyle lab papers
- Nishizaki SS, McDonald TL, Farnum GA, Holmes MJ, Drexel ML, Switzenberg JA, Boyle AP. 2021. The inducible lac operator-repressor system is functional in zebrafish cells. Frontiers in Genetics. 12: 994. DOI: 10.3389/fgene.2021.683394.
- McDonald TL, Zhou W, Castro CP, Mumm C, Switzenberg JA, Mills RE and Boyle AP. 2021. Cas9 targeted enrichment of mobile elements using nanopore sequencing. Nature Communications. 12: 3586. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-021-23918-y.